Recruitment of Physicians
The Outaouais is seeking physicians who have a specific interest in working in functional rehabilitation or in addiction treatment. The Centre régional de réadaptation La RessourSe et le Centre de réadaptation en dépendance de l'Outaouais are hiring! For more information, contact the regional recruiting service of the Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de l’Outaouais by calling:
819 777-6269 poste 4147
L'Outaouais, a wonderful place to live!
Do you want to work in a stimulating environment that offers an exceptional living space? Then Outaouais is for you! Not far from Ottawa and about two hours from Montreal, Outaouais brings together the best of both city and country living. Gatineau, the fourth largest city in Quebec, is at the heart of economic development in the region. It offers a diversified cultural and sports scene and the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors at every turn!
Throughout the vast area of the region, municipalities provide an extraordinary living environment just a stone’s throw away from the great outdoors and wide-open spaces, all while being very close to major urban centres!
A medical practice plus!
From a medical practice point of view, Outaouais also has several attractions:
- Physicians’ salaries are increased between 105% and 140%, depending on the selected field of expertise;
- Primes d'installation et primes de maintien are available for general practitioners in CSSS du Pontiac and CSSS de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau ;
- Primes d'installation et primes de maintien are also available for medical specialists in CSSS du Pontiac and CSSS de la Vallée-de-la-Gatineau ;
- Forfaits d'accessibilité of $22,000 are available for practicing in MRCs in Collines, Lièvres and Papineau (CSSS des Collines and
CSSS de Papineau );
- Modern institutions outfitted with high-end equipment;
- Complementarity work between family physicians, specialists and other healthcare professionals in all our institutions; and
- A fully vibrant teaching environment with the creation of a campus clinic by the Faculty of Medicine at the University of McGill that accepts residents and interns for a formation médicale décentralisée .
Several positions are available in family medicine and specialized fields. For more details, see the postes disponibles au Plan régional d'effectifs médicaux .
Training that pays off!
Outaouais also benefits from favourable training conditions. Whether it is direct entry into the health field with summer internships or working closely with instructing physicians to take care of patients within the framework of the Programme d'externat intégré du Campus santé, l'Outaouais provides a unique experience to prospective physicians!
For more information, see the available incentives:
- Programme SARROS
For additional information, don’t hesitate to contact the regional recruitment service by dialing 819 777-6269.
You can also write to the following address: Recrutement.MD.Outaouais@ssss.gouv.qc.ca.