You are here : Home  >  Check out the Network  >  Complaint Form

Complaint Form

Click here to access the Commissioners' contact informations

All users of the health and social services system are entitled to access quality services. If you are not satisfied with a service provided or you believe that your rights have been violated, you can lodge a complaint.

Before beginning this process, it is first recommended to address your issue directly with the staff or professionals attending to you. Often, this simple step will lead to an acceptable solution.

If you are still not satisfied, you may resort to the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner.

What does a Service Quality and Complaints Commissioner do ?

The office of the Commissionners is there to process your complaint, promote service quality and ensure that your rights are respected.

The Commissioner is an independent body. They process complaints in strict confidentiality and communicate their  conclusions along with solutions that they believe could resolve the problem within 45 days.

How do I lodge a complaint?

Complaints must be lodged with the office of the Commissioners should you not be satisfied with the care and services that you have received in one of the following facilities:

  • Hospital;
  • CLSC;
  • CHSLD;
  • Intermediary resource (RI);
  • Family resource (RTF);
  • Organization, society or person to which/whom the institution has recourse.

If your complaint pertains to a professional (i.e. physician), the Commissioners will forward your complaint to the office of the Medical Examiner for examination.

You can send your complaint by mail, fax or email.

By mail:
Service Quality and Complaints Commissioners
105, Sacré-Cœur boulevard
Gatineau (Québec) J8X 1C5

By fax: 819-771-7611

By email:

Or you can use our online form

Still not satisfied?

Should you disagree with the conclusions received from the Service Quality and Complaints Commissioners following the examination of your complaint, you are entitled to file an appeal with the:

Protecteur du citoyen
525, boulevard René-Lévesque Est, Office 1.25
Québec (Québec)  G1R 5Y4
Tel.: 1 800 463-5070
Web Site for the Protecteur du citoyen 

Need help getting started?

The Centre d'assistance et d'accompagnement aux plaintes (CAAP) de l'Outaouais is a community service mandated to assist people wishing to lodge a complaint. Its services are free and confidential.

Centre d'assistance et d'accompagnement aux plaintes de l'Outaouais
92, boulevard Saint-Raymond, suite 203
Gatineau (Québec)  J8Y 1S7
Tel.: 819 770-3637
Toll free: 1 877 767-2227
Fax: 819 770-4748
Web Site for the Centre d'assistance et d'accompagnement aux plaintes 

Useful links

Annual reports on enforcing the review procedure for complaints

Pdf document. Ouvre une nouvelle fenêtre. Cheminement d'une insatisfaction ou d'une plainte 
PDF File: 830 KB | Available in French only